KS4 Years 10 - 11
Years 10 – 11
In KS4, we aim to help students achieve their potential at GCSE, to encourage them in responsible behaviour and to help them make sound decisions as they consider their future role in society.
The PSHE course is centred around the following items:
- economic well-being and financial capability (work-related learning),
- planning for the future and strategies for coping, including revision skills and Higher Education aspirations,
- personal well-being, including healthy life-styles, relationships and making safer choices,
- citizenship, including democracy and justice, rights and responsibilities,
- moral issiues and celebrating culture,
- community participation
As an additional, practical exercise in citizenship, all year 10 students will be involved in planning and organising a party for senior citizens. This provides a great deal of fun and the opportunity to develop new skills (in catering, administration or entertainment), work with others and relate to older members of the community.
Year 11 students benefit from designed to provide a change from their usual routine and a little relief from the pressures of a busy term. Workshops offered at the conference have included aromatherapy, stress management, colour confidence, craft, cooking, making an animated film, musical activities and excercise for fun.