Information for Employers
We are always looking for volunteers from the world of work to get involved in our careers education and work related curriculum. Here are just a few examples that would be of interest to our students.
- Do you work in any creative industry? – our Art, Graphics, Music and Drama departments would love to hear from you.
- Could you visit our STEAM lessons and showcase your role in any STEM related career? Any help would be welcome, but we are always seeking women who have roles in this area.
- Our Year 8 students enter the “Step into the NHS” competition, which highlights the diversity of careers in Health Care, from Audiologist to Specialist Paramedic. With over 1.7 million employees and more than 350 different careers, the NHS needs new innovators. Can you help us showcase your career to inspire our students to be the next generation?
- Do you run your own business? We would love to hear about your journey.
- We would like to be able to highlight the range of new professional positions arising to combat climate change. Could you help?
- Would you be able to support our Year 10 activities, where our students guess your profession by asking you pertinent questions about your everyday professional activities? Could you help inspire our students to pursue a career they have never come across before?
- Students in Year 11 and Year 12 complete work experience placements. Could you offer a placement for one of our students in the summer?
- In Year 12 we run a Higher Education and Careers Day in March where we need a whole range of people to highlight careers by giving short talks. Could you help?
- In Year 13 we help our students perfect their employability skills for their university and apprentice applications by giving them mock interviews, would you be able to help with this?
If you would like to discuss the ways in which you or your organisation could be involved then please contact Dr Janet Rose via the main school email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
For more information about Employer Contributions please see
Our careers programme is reviewed regularly and takes place through the curriculum, PSHE lessons, assemblies and in a range of events throughout the school. There is a link to our planned Careers Programme for the year at the bottom of the page. Where it is not possible to run events due to Covid-19, we will endeavour to replace a face-to-face event with a virtual experience.
Further information can be obtained by contacting the Careers Leader or Head of Year.
Please use the links below to access our
- Careers Policy (including Provider Access Policy)
- Careers Programme
- Recent Compass+ Evaluation which indicates how we are moving towards meeting the Gatsby Benchmarks (change this link to the same one given earlier in the email!)
We are also looking for an Enterprise Adviser to support the school with aspects of Careers Education and support our links with local businesses. If you would like to find out more, have a look at the following and get in touch with us - https://enterpriseadviser.careersandenterprise.co.uk/