Pastoral & Wellbeing
The Sixth Form community at Camp Hill is supportive, inspiring and is at the heart of the wider Camp Hill community. Alongside the rich curriculum which our Sixth Form offers, our pastoral care is broad and highly supportive. Students are placed in Houses in Sixth Form and drive the House spirit at Camp Hill through challenges, charity events and assemblies with the Main School. Alongside this, the plethora of extra-curricular opportunities, clubs and societies makes our Sixth Form experience highly regarded.
The pastoral support in Sixth Form is vast; with a Head of Year 12 and Head of Year 13 leading a strong team of Form Tutors, students are guided for life beyond Sixth Form from the very beginning. Unlike many Sixth Forms we have regular Personal, Social & Health Education (PSHE) lessons to prepare students for life at university and the world of work, whilst challenging the latest ideas and questioning ideologies.
We offer a wide range of pastoral support in Sixth Form, including:
- Pastoral support team: Head of Year 12, Head of Year 13 and Pastoral support staff
- Form time everyday
- School counsellor
- Trained First Aiders to support medical needs
- Inclusion Coordinator to support all students in school, but particularly those with SEN
- Pupil Enabler to support students with SEN in Sixth Form
- Regular PSHE lessons
- Learning Mentor for academic support
- Sixth Form Leadership team
- Rewards for both academic excellence and hard work
- A broad range of societies and clubs
- The opportunity to undertake the EPQ in year 13
PSHE is a taught subject, with lessons scheduled on students' timetables.
Click here to go to the curriculum page for PSHE.
The UCAS Widget
The UCAS widget, allows students and parents to important information about higher education and the UCAS application process.
Through simple and intuitive navigation, it’s easy for users to increase their knowledge of the information and advice UCAS has to offer. The content will be reviewed regularly by UCAS so it remains up-to-date and relevant.